Hi. If you have found your way here I’m guessing that you are a photographer or someone who loves photography and wants to learn more. Whatever stage you are at getting the right support, guidance and mentoring can make a huge difference to the work you produce. I developed my interest in photography during my A-levels and graphic design degree. For many years I worked as a Graphic Designer & Photographic Art Director and rediscovered a love of photography via this world. I am now a full time photography, shooting 40+ weddings a year, along with some commercial, portrait and lifestyle work. With over 6 years experience running a successful photography business and a total of 14 years running my own business I have tons of ideas to share. I love to help support others to develop their skills, build their confidence and achieve their dreams.
MENTORING FOR PROFESSIONALS
Whether you have just started your business, or have been going a while and need a push in the right direction, a 1:1 mentoring session is for you. Spend a day with me and get focussed on the real details of running a photography business. Sessions can be tailored to the areas you need and want to learn. These can include:
• Attracting your ideal client.
• Finding your voice and being true to yourself and your style. Creating a business that you love.
• Shooting and working with available light.
• Getting your pricing right, getting your business seen and getting those enquiries.
• Interacting with couples and how to create a bond with your clients so they trust you. This can include a live shoot with a real life couple, so you can create some images for your portfolio.
• Editing and post processing.
• Workflow. How to manage from initial enquiry through to the final delivery of images and more.
• An introduction to off-camera flash and shooting in low light.
• Website and portfolio review.
The in-person 1:1 mentoring sessions take place Monday – Thursday between 9am-5pm in or around the South London area.
Full day (7 hours) – £450 (the full day session can also include a shoot with some willing volunteers)
Half day (4 hours) – £295
These sessions include a plan of action for you to take away and start implementing immediately. They also include a 30 minute follow up session by Skype. Sessions are normally held in my home in South London and will definitely include tea, biscuits and lunch (if its a full day session).
The online mentoring sessions can fit in to your diary as needed and take place via Skype, Google hangout or Facetime. The online sessions really focus on the business side of things; marketing, pricing, the client experience etc.
One hour session – £150 A one off session that can be booked as and when needed and used as a chance to run over some areas you need a little assistance or guidance with.
4 session programme – £395 Four 60 minute sessions (normally booked monthly) that allows us to focus in more detail on specific areas of the business you need help with.
10 session programme – £895 Ten 60 minute sessions (normally booked monthly). This option allows real depth, support and development. The chance to get your business fully on track and in the direction you want it to be.
Get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 07879 455932 if you want to chat about any of these options.
LOVE YOUR CAMERA – AN INTRODUCTION TO YOUR DSLR
These sessions are perfect for the photography lover who wants to know more but doesn’t know where to start. If you have a DSLR camera and would love to know how to use it properly. If you want to get off Auto and capture the kind of images you are inspired by then this is for you. A full day session that can be a 1:1 or in a small group.
Held in my home we will chat through how to use your camera and how to begin shooting manually. Once you have got to grips with this we will head out to put into practice some of the things you have learned. It will be a real confidence booster and I will be on hand to answer any questions as we go.
The sessions can be tailored to your level and can include the following areas:
• Getting to grips with your camera
• Understanding shutter speed, aperture and ISO (the exposure triangle)
• Using aperture to create ‘Bokeh’
• How to focus correctly and the options available
• Creative effects and experimenting.
• Choosing your kit. Lenses and other equipment you might need
1:1 individual sessions from £195. Get in touch to find out more or get a quote for a group session.
I run beginners photography workshops in South London. If I have dates available you can see them on the Workshops & Training page. If you are interested in finding out more about these get in touch on email@example.com or call on 07879 455 932.